Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sigh... not doing so well

I have been good and stayed within my calorie range Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday this week but, really, I'm just not feeling this diet.  I have never enjoyed dieting.  That would be weird.  But, usually, I am pretty motivated.  Not this time.  I just don't want to do it.  I'm not interested.  I'm really down about the whole thing.  Last night I was so frustrated I didn't even know what to do with myself.  I'm taking the weekend off, as I said I probably would.  Hopefully I'll make mostly smart eating decisions anyway and maybe I'll think of something to motivate myself.  Any suggestions? 

I wish I could be one of those people who could just exercise and stay at a normal size.  I can't even get motivated to do that though.  Maybe I've just had too much on my mind with moving and wondering if I'll have a job or not.  I really don't know what my deal is.  

Anyway, I hope you have all had a good week.

2 comments:

  1. The heat makes it hard to exercise because it is more fun if you can go outside to exercise. Not to mention there has been a bunch going on and that makes it difficult to plan and purchase to have health foods at home. If I can come up with some suggestions I will let you know. :-) Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it, Bets! You've had a CRAZY few weeks with this back-and-forth on the job front, and busy times always make changes more difficult. But you've done this before, and you absolutely can do it again. Are you still incorporating MUFAs? 'Cause that seemed like a really good idea to keep you full, plus I'm pretty sure MUFAs have lots of good Omega-3s, which make you feel happier and better about things in general. What about fiber? You could sprinkle a little BeneFiber into your food throughout the day, and that might help a lot. You can even mix it into the batter of your PB cookies and stir it into your water. (It honestly is flavorless and textureless as long as you stir it.) Or maybe rather than taking the weekend off, you could take one, really delicious meal off each weekend. Or MAYBE--This is going to sound weird, but have you thought about devoting less effort rather than more? I've heard people say that they "give food too much power" and that trips them up, no matter what they do. Because I'm pretty sure that just the stress of dieting and feeling so limited can actually make people gain wait. Maybe you could try to pay attention more to when you're hungry, what you want to eat (crunchy or chewy or salty or sweet or creamy or whatever), and how you can make a healthy choice that will satisfy what you want, rather than thinking about sticking to a "diet." Maybe when you get hungry, try to think about all the things you CAN have instead of what you can't have. (Especially because you CAN have anything in moderation.) Hmm, what else could you do? The elliptical sounds like a cool idea(and like a very different and more reasonable purchase than the Ab Sculptor 6000 or whatever you bought before :D). Strength training is also supposed to help with weight loss because the more muscle you build, the more fat you burn when you do cardio. Doesn't the Wii have some pretty cool strength games? Ooo, and maybe you should post encouraging notes to yourself around the house! I could even write some to send to you! Want me to? We all could! Hmm... What else? I guess that's all I've got for now, but I'm proud of you for taking this on AND blogging about it. You can do it! Go, Bets, go! You're already AWESOME!

    I love you!

    love, Sal

    ReplyDelete